Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Words I’m Loving – From The Bucket List

The Bucket List has such an apt name – watching the movie gave me buckets full of tears. As if death in itself isn’t scary, in their case, it comes announced.

Wonder how one would look at life then? When you know you’ve not got too much time on hand. Would you have the courage to make a bucket list and go out there and achieve as much as you can? I certainly hope I can. There’s always that something left to do even if you’ve lived a life where you’ve done and achieved a whole lot, I think.

Not sure what my list would be then, but knowing myself, it would probably be something really simple, something very achievable, should I have the courage to rise above the fear of what’s coming.

Back to the movie, here’s not one but two of my most memorable lines from the movie.

“There was a survey once; a thousand people were asked if they could know in advance, would they want to know the exact day of their death.

Ninety six per cent of them, said no.

I always gotta lean toward the other four per cent.

I thought it would be liberating, knowing how much time you had left to work with. It turns out, it’s not.”

- Carter Chambers

(Image Via)

“You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were admitted or not. ‘Have you found joy in your life?’ 'Has your life brought joy to others?’”

- Carter Chambers

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails