Saturday, January 3, 2009

Have you felt this way too?

So, we are in 2009 then. It doesn't sink in that it is indeed a New Year. I think other than the Dec 31st night, it all still seems and feels the same. But I keep telling myself that it is a brand new year and there are certain things I wanna do different this year - for one, I want to listen to what my heart is saying, I want to do things that it really wants to do and I am going to find time for it.

With a New Year, you also want to let go of certain things and emotions and cleanse yourself of it. I want to share these beautiful lines from Paulo Coelho's The Zahir about letting go:

"That is why it is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing with marked cards; sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don't expect to get anything back, don't expect recognition for your efforts, don't expect genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits in your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of the dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are."

Easier said than done. But just reading it makes me at least want to try :)

Coming back to what actually made me want to write a post is this one song that I was listening to just now. My sister introduced me to it a few days back and it has since been growing and growing on me - so much so that every time I listen to it, there's something strange I feel, and in fact felt it from the very first time I heard it. Have you felt this way too when you hear a song?

This one I am referring to is from a recent Bollywood movie - Ghajini and it's called 'Kaise Mujhe'. For those of you who don't know what it is, click the video below and discover and for those who do know and love it, enjoy a snippet of it here once again. :)

This song is also dedicated to the love of my life, for I do always wonder:

"Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye

Qismat Pe Aaye Na Yaqeen

Gungunati Dhoop Ki Tarah Se

Tarannum Mein Tum

Chhookey Mujhe Guzre Ho Yun

Dekhoon Tumhe Ya Main Sunoo

Tum Ho Sukoon

Tum Ho Junoo

Kyun Pehle Na Aaye Tum"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its one of my favorite songs..!!Glad i made u hear it n u got inspired to write smthg so beautiful!! :o) God bless u sis!! Keep posting!!

idletuesdayafternoonthoughts said...

hey...posted something on my blog and then read yours.... yes, letting go is not easy but it is so important. check the post here-http://aanchalsethi.blogspot.com/.

Related Posts with Thumbnails