Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sydney

Syyydddneyyyy - well what can I say, the moment you step into this city there is such incredible energy that you know you're in for a great time. And that is exactly what we had and so much more :)
We arrived to the city on a sunny Friday afternoon from Mel and were recommended to stay in the vicinity of Darling Harbour, which I can now recommend :). Oh Darling Harbour, but wait, there's more to say before we get to it.
May is Autumn there and I think it's probably the first time in my life I experienced what this season is about (As the gulf countries just have one season throughout the year)
Sydney was about the green and yellow leaves on trees, streets full of multi cuisine restaurants, cafés, bars, harbours, history, modernity, diversity, the awe-inspiring Harbour Bridge, the breathtaking architecture of the Opera House, the show board cruise and Darling Harbour.
Hubby and I thought we could spend days just at Darling soaking up the beauty of the city. You can shop, eat, catch a cruise, go sightseeing to the nearby aquarium, zoo, museums or the over rated AMP tower and oh gambling too - it is the truest one stop shopping, dining & entertainment destination.
I'll leave you with a couple of  Sydney moments from our trip, hoping they will either tempt you to visit or refresh memories of your visit to this scintillating city.
Aussie Trip 739
Aussie Trip 732
Aussie Trip 744
Aussie Trip 762
PS: This is by far one of The best Indian restaurants I've eaten at and you can't miss it if you're in Sydney. You'll looovvvee it
Aussie Trip 807
Darling Harbour

1 comment:

Swati Bhatnagar said...

I can't agree more ! Sydney is absolutely stunning and i've been in love with the place ever since i've been there.. and there's always more to it...nd ofcourse WHO recommended the stay at darling harbour ... ahum ahum... ;p am glad you loved it.. I can't wait to see what you've gotto say bout MELBOURNE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails